Hogwarts in 2049
The larp "Oliver Jones and the Turbulent School" happens in one vision of the
far future for the Harry Potter setting, two generations away from the original
books in the 1990s. Traditions are very slow to change, though, and so it is just
now that Hogwarts is seeing its first house elf students. Important events
during this time include:
- Headmistress Luna Lovegood - Formerly the prophetic madwoman type, a classmate of Harry Potter's in the later books. Now she is much older and supposedly fine, but still prophetic.
- Professor Scorpius Malfoy - The only son of Draco Malfoy and protagonist of the play, Harry Potter and the Cursed Child.
- Caretaker Gregory Goyle - A staff member who partially witnessed some of the strange events that Oliver is being questioned about.
- Oliver Jones - The titular house elf now in a first-year at Hogwarts. He is in Hufflepuff house, usually regarded as the lowest in standing. Takes great pride in his clothes and impeccable fashion, and even more pride in the traditions and history of Elves, from both before and after they were enslaved by wizards. Has innate(?) Elvish wandless magic, which potentially includes limited teleportation, telekinesis, and other abilities.
- Jehan Khosla - An openly half-giant girl classmate of Oliver's, a first-year in Hufflepuff. Smart jock type with good problem-solving skills - like Kate in Mysterious Benedict Society. Her Giant heritage gives her a strong resistance to magic.
- Francis Clarke - A human friend and classmate of Oliver's, a first-year in Hufflepuff. Extremely dramatic and angsty British poet type.
- Nagnok - A rich goblin child and older student - one of the first non-humans to openly attend Hogwarts, and a bit of a snob.
- Harriet Travers - An enterprising Ravenclaw first-year, known to her classmates as "Harriet the Spy" and infamous for poking her nose into whatever might be trouble.
- Mallory Grant - A friend of Harriet's in Ravenclaw. They do very well in their classes, despite humble origins.
- Donnie Grimblehawk - A friend of Harriet's in Ravenclaw.