Blue Rose Notes
The Blue Rose role-playing game was published by
Green Ronin in 2005 -- written by Jeremy Crawford, Dawn
Elliot, Steve Kenson, and John Snead. The following are my
notes and thoughts on the game:
- This is my complete review of the Blue Rose core
rulebook, currently in draft form.
Introduction to Romantic Fantasy
- An introduction to the basics of romantic fantasy, to those
unfamiliar with the genre.
"Does the Golden Hart trample on role-playing?"
- An essay and FAQ concerning various rumors that have gone
on about the Blue Rose game.
- Campaign Ideas
- The following are some campaign concepts which I have
fleshed out to a greater or lesser degree.
HTML Character Utility
- This is a utility for editing character and displaying
them in a beautifully-formatted template in HTML.
The sheet can be saved as HTML and edited again later.
World of Aldea Overview
- An overview of the world of Aldea, with comparisons and
parallels to real-world countries and cultures.
- Game Aid: Sorted Feats
- These are listings of feats sorted by focus (such as
Movement, Social, and so forth). There are separate
pages for each of the three Roles -- so for a given
Role (Adept, Expert, Warrior) you can see all the
accessible feats sorted by focus. It also marks those
with prerequisites by italics.
Feats XML Data
True20 System Updates
- Summaries of the updates to True20 which have happened in the
releases of True20 as a generic system -- some of which might
be adopted by Blue Rose GMs.
New True20 Rules: Framing & Weaving
- A brief excerpt of new rules for True20, in the expanded book,
which could be used in a Blue Rose campaign.
John H. Kim <jhkim-at-darkshire-dot-net>
Last modified: Fri Jul 27 07:17:02 2007