|Bored Rich Boy||Fantastic|
|In It For Fun||Superb→||Burglary|
|Secretly Raffles the Cat-Burglar||Great→||Deceit , Stealth|
|Eye for Jewels and their Wearers||Good→||Alertness , Resources , Weapons|
|Caught Red-Handed!||Fair→||Athletics , Contacting , Mysteries , Sleight of Hand|
|"Charmed, I'm Sure"||Average→||Empathy , Gambling , Investigation , Rapport , Resolve|
|One Step Ahead||Mediocre|
|Honorable in the End||Poor||
|Tripwire Sensibilities (Burglary) Roll Burglary instead of Alertness or Investigation to avoid traps|
|Trespass Tempo (Burglary) Use Burglary instead of Alertness for Initiative while executing a criminal plan|
|Clever Disguise (Deceit) Disguise stands up to close scrutiny at full skill, assembled in minutes with right tools|
|Mimicry (Deceit) Imitate specific person after half-hour of observation|
|Master of Disguise (Deceit) Pay a fate point to disappear and later reveal a nameless NPC as you in disguise|
You're playing Roland, a charismatic local guide to "Little Amber" who seems to know everything about the local buildings. Unbeknownst to most, he is also "Raffles" -- the expert cat burglar who specializes in jewelry. He grew up a bored rich boy, and took to being a classic gentleman thief who leaves his calling card.
A week ago, you were hired by an anonymous patron to steal a ring from a rich hotel room. You got it, but it felt strange on your finger - like you were connected to hundreds of other places. You've delayed giving it over while you figure out the mystery of the spikard.
You cannot control it yet, but it has been giving you tantalizing glimpses of magic and other worlds.
What you know about the others:
- Jack is a local drover and tradesman, clueless but honest.
- Miranda is herald for the Kashfan court who reports on Little Amber. You suspect she reports back to someone in Castle Amber itself.
- Justinian is a former Ranger of Arden, loyal to Julian, who was forced to retire because he was wounded by a werewolf.
- Floyd is the well-connected owner of a trendy Amber-style restaurant, formerly a cook for the Amber court who was exiled for some crime.
- Arawn was formerly of the Marked Brotherhood, followers of Caine, and thugs who seek to dominate the district with the threat of a knife in the back. He was kicked out of the gang when the brand on his forehead (his "mark") was healed by chaos magic.