Friends of the Fox: Characters
Final Player Characters -
Absent Player Characters -
- Cassiaz (John Kim): A Theinorran sorceror, an ambitious
nobleman who is seeking to make his fortune.
- Amrek (Dutch): A Fericopian warrior, known as "Kinslayer"
after being found with a bloody axe and his family chopped to
pieces, remembering nothing. Years later he discovered that it
was a curse upon the axe which killed them -- but he is still
hunted by relatives of his wife as an outlaw.
- Shekur (Tony): An Andorran bard, an albino, who is fairly
well known for his ballads. He enjoys outdoor spaces, and has a
- Sephirath (Liz): A Theinorran philosopher-warrior of the
Rahadain order. He is a stoic ascetic, dedicated to logical and
selfless action. (Prophecy: "Give your heart to the trade you
have learnt and draw refreshment from it".)
- Salaomer ein Ringoral (Russell): A rakish Thein who was formerly
of the Blue Sash gang, a rowdy lot of adventurers. He was twice
enslaved by the Nefari, and escaped along with a set of
companions from Nefari lands.
- Myshik (John): A Loiborran alpaca herder with a mysterious
Salaomer's companions from Nefari lands -
Task force to deal with Castle Briarcliff -
- Rogah: a four-armed clay golem who can physically hold spirits
- Norel: a living shadow
- Alagen: a Lorelei empath and healer, currently comatose after healing
Kohoth from a deep coma
Court of the Thein of Theins -
- Bymodyr: priest of Baal
- Ruephat eal Tanmevar: a paladin, currently carrying the Nefari
sword Frostbiter to the land of the dead to return it to
- Men at arms:
- Ohash (M): grumpy veteran
- Dishaz (M)
- Naphtael (M)
- Jemaphat (M)
- Chedorlali (F): naive, but very level-headed
- Phicath (M)
- Abiam (M): deceased, killed by the collapse of the castle.
- Zibad (M)
- Gersah (F)
- Kemah (F): deceased, killed by one of the demons in Briarcliff.
Major grain merchants in Chandiope -
- Joam, the current Thein of Theins: His power granted by the scepter
of Noah is that everyone must tell him the truth. He ascended by
challenging the former Thein of Theins, who was a madman who
tried to use his power of mind control to conquer all of
Neng. Joam's wife died 3 yrs ago, but he has yet to find a new
wife. Instead, he is conducting the fertility rites of Aliah with
the second priestess - which is becoming strange.
- Amalthea: Joam's daughter (Prophecy: "The princess is proud; Proud
of her purse; Proud of her place; Proud of her person.)
- Thea, Amal's shadow: Created by the fungus in the cave. (Prophecy:
"There is no light without shadows, there are no shadows without
- Ruememal: The court wizard, who created Thea's disguise.
- Abiaso: Justiciar of Chandiope, Sephirath's good friend
- Kohoth: Champion of the Thane. He has a lightning-sword.
Other suspects in Chandiope -
- Shinab: A local Theinorran, short and hard-nosed, killed by a
falling meteor. Had a reputation for ruthlessness.
- Zadior: A medium-tall and obese old man with a full head of white
hair. He is from Harmody, and ships grain thru there to lands
beyond, such as the Spice Islands. Violently prejudiced against
- Math: Head of the grain merchants guild, an emigre from the Holy
Land. He is tall, chunky, and balding. H e has a daughter,
Rachel, whose marriage is the subject of rumor.
- Hevay: Ship captain working for Math. He was captain of the grain
hulk Abundance which nearly sank, and the half-brother of
Hoi, the grain clerk who died.
- Ashsaphel: Chief priest of Baal, given to large parties at his
house. One of these was where Hoi was killed by a falling
- Hoi: A grain clerk killed just after the public granary burned
down. She had been arguing with Math at the party.
- Sherab: The replacement clerk for Hoi.
- Orari: Chancellor of the Exchequer, who got sick (food
poisoning?) shortly after the party where Hoi was killed.
- Naphaph: A wizened old man, wanted as a bandit, who hired thugs
to attack the _other_ albino Andorran, Gatur. He hired the thugs
(ex-Sea-Raiders) at a bar called the Traveller's Rest.
Nefari-aligned, Doppleganger-building Magi -
- Gatur: An enormous, sumo-wrestler-like albino Andorran. He claims
to be a simple merchant, but is in conflict with Naphaph
- Gamylah: A bardic friend of Shekur, a Loiborran Pyrydain.
- Hader: Amrek's factor in Chandiope.
- Abishothai: Housemaster of Sephirath's Rahadain Chapterhouse. A
handsome middle-aged woman.
- Maacatha: Master of Philosophy of the Chapterhouse. An
unbelievably wizened crone
Opposing Demonologist tentatively identified as -
- The Thaumaturge
- The Necromancer
- Jeron: the last known active demonologist, who was a "farmer"
thein (equivalent to a baron) over a small village in southern
Theinorra. Approximately ten years ago he sacrificed his entire
village, and was hunted down but disappeared.
Nefari slaves -
- Lord Onyx, lord of Seige Radix, original "owner" of Salaomer, from
his first sojourn in Nephari lands.
- Lord Feldspar, son of Onyx (? - killed at Castle Briarcliff
fighting the demon in the holy well, leaving Frostbiter stabbed
into it) Frostbiter was one of 12 artifact swords of the Nefari,
most of which were lost during the war)
- Lord Carbon, Seige Manifold, where the party entered Nefari
lands. Claimed ownership of them on that basis.
- Lord Nephrite, Seige Inverse, captor of Amrek, challenged
Carbon's claim before the Umbra Court.
- Lord Sapphire, Seige Cardinal, captor of Salaomer and Shekur
- Lady Aspen, who secretly helped Salaomer escape last time
Rings found in the Tower of Time:
- Jomodah, who arranged the party's escape by substituting farm
animals wearing their clothes, so that the Nefari would assume
that one of the lords transformed them before the matter could be
settled in court.
- Transportation (along spirals)
- Power (for Thaumaturges)