- First Step: Background
- Pick one of the following:
17d6 Stat Dice; 1d4 4d6 2d8 Trait Dice;
4d6 2d8 Relationship Dice
- Strong History
13d6 Stat Dice; 3d6 4d8 3d10 Trait Dice;
1d4 3d6 2d8 Relationship Dice
- Complicated History
15d6 Stat Dice; 4d4 2d6 2d10 Trait Dice;
5d6 2d8 Relationship Dice
- Strong Community
13d6 Stat Dice; 1d4 3d6 2d8 Trait Dice;
4d6 4d8 3d10 Relationship Dice
- Complicated Community
15d6 Stat Dice; 6d6 2d8 Trait Dice;
4d4 2d6 2d8 2d10 Relationship Dice
- Second Step: Stats
- Divide your Stat Dice among the four stats: Acuity, Body,
Heart, and Will.
- Third Step: Traits
- Divide your Trait Dice among whatever traits you care to define.
i.e. "Horsemanship 2d4", "I can't see well without my glasses
2d10", etc. "I'm a Dog" is a recommended trait.
If you can't think of any Traits to start with, start with
"I'm a good shot"; add one based on where and how your character
learned how to shoot; then add one unrelated but opposed like
"I'm a good cook" or "I'm well-read".
- Fourth Step: Relationships
- Divide some of your Relationship Dice among other PCs or
whatever NPCs you care to define. Don't create very many, and
leave most of the dice unassigned.
- Fifth Step: Belongings
- Freely define whatever belongings you care to define for your
character. A Dog generally owns at least a horse, a coat,
a copy of the Book of Life, a small jar of consecrated earth,
and a gun. Other possessions may be defined as needed, with
dice according to the following:
High Quality: 2d6
Big & High Quality: 2d8
- Sixth and Final Step: Accomplishment
- Define something that you hoped your character accomplished
during initiation as a Dog. This will be played out as
the stakes of a conflict.