This is a concise listing of the sample characters provided in the
core T&J rulebook for reference; along with the characters from
the free PDF supplement, "Dial S for Superhuman".
Core T&J Rulebook
- American Ranger / Jack Peretti - p30
A super-soldier created by an evil scientist.
- Manticore / Rick Caan - p31
A intensely trained vigilante out for revenge for his mother's
murder by the mob.
- Snow Owl / Christopher Hyerdahl - p54
An ordinary camper who was trapped in the snow, releasing latent
mystic talents and memories.
- Catastrophe / Veronica Marks - p79
A spoiled debutante who now has the power to destroy things
after a chemical accident.
- Doctor Widget / Ellen Widgeon - p80
A child super-prodigy at 13, turned gadgeteer superhero.
- Jolly Roger / Michael Roger Rackham - p80
A troubled youth who gained luck control in juvenile hall,
taking his pirate obsession to new heights.
- Reflex - p81
A mysterious mercenary-assassin with danger-sense, magic
bullets, and super-agility.
- Ultrawoman / Christine Post - p81
A kindergarten teacher turned superhero whose super-strength,
invulnerability, flight, and precognition appeared mysteriously
- Zipzoom - p81
A speedster hero with sound control.
- The Dragon Knight / Abner Jones - p86
An archeology professor who discovered a suit of mystic armor,
which he now uses to defend his home city of Drakesville.
- Ratburglar / Julius Alameda - p87
A burglar turned wererat when raiding an eccentric's
- The Orange Ogre / Isaac Leonard - p87
A delusional professional wrestler who now believes he must
beat superheroes with his manifested superpowers.
- Doctor Vrobotnik / Arthur Vrobo - p87
A super-gadgeteer betrayed by his corporate employers, now
out for revenge.
- Professor Hypnos / Marvin Hypnos - p89
A minor supervillain now working on rehabilitation to use his
hypnotic powers for good.
- The Philatelist / Gwendolyn Price - p89
A loony stamp-collecting thief, given to pre-bragging about her
crimes and stamp-themed master plans.
- Red X - p 89
A super-speedster for hire.
- Octopopolis / Theodore Papadopulos - p103
A troubled youth straightened out into a corporate hero,
with octopus-themed powers.
- Teflon / William Ferrol - p104
An attorney and corporate hero with super-strength,
invulnerability, and friction control.
- Sequoia / Sequoia Jones - p104
A super-linguist with the power of growth.
A few are given only thumbnail descriptions, with a note that they may
be expanded in future T&J supplements.
- Fantom - p96
Leader of the Sacred Ghosts terrorist group, with phasing
technology given to his minions.
- Laser Ray Lassiter - p97
Light-based corporate super working for the CommSix multicorp.
- The Neutronic Man - p97
Shrinking corporate super working for the Koando Microtech
- Sundiata - p97
A powerful superman-like figure who protects Western Africa,
romantically involved with Ultrawoman.
- Turtlezilla - p97
Gigantic, rampaging mutated turtle; human-level or higher
intellect; atomic laser eyes.
- White Monkey - p97
Mysterious vigilante waging a one-person war against the SR
Weiss multicorp in India.
Dial S for Superhuman
- Biomechanic / Dr. Arthur Despair - p1
A biological gadgeteer villain who has enhanced his own
reflexes and senses.
- Black Cat / Helena Gregorakis - p2
A sorceress with a long family line turned superhero.
- Captain Security / Chuck Jones - p3
A security guard turned superhero after a mysterious explosion
in the mall where he worked.
- The Challenger / Chelsea Gonzales - p4
A competitive athlete and stockbroker who discovered her powers
after a skiing accident.
- Commander Cyclops - p5
An alien techno-organic lifeform bent on conquest.
- Dark Ghost / Alexandra Ivanovna Smirnova - p6
A failed Soviet gymnast who discovered her superpowers after
being locked away, and seeks revenge.
- Decibelle / Siobhan MacLachlan - p7
A musician turned superhero with sound control powers.
- Edgewise / Anna Gonzales - p8
An activist lawyer able to turn herself into living 2D pictures.
- Eye Robot - p9
A prototype ninja robot turned superhero after being given free
will by its creator.
- Furbolt / Elizabeth Turner - p10
A teenage superhero able to transform into a superdense
- The Gerbil - p11
An extradimensional villain seeking to return and conquer its
- Glider / Dr. Jean Petaurus - p12
A genetics researcher turned into a living bat-like
- Goblynn / Lynn Doxen - p13
A brilliant physicist from a poor black neighborhood who was
merged with several extradimensional beings when her
Transdimensional Scanner exploded.
- Kid Caffeine / Casey Johnson - p14
An irresponsible premed student turned speedster superhero
after he drank an irradiated cup of coffee.
- Lectrix / Dr. Adelaide Rogers - p15
A bookish professor turned electrical superhero after reading
a volume of forgotten lore under a faulty electric lamp.
- Mantra / Kate Johnson - p16
A supervillain con artist who uses her trained mystic talents
to relieve the gullible of their money.
- Mystic Blue / Newton Judge - p17
A janitor turned superhero by the Great Eye of the Blue
Dimension to help achieve cosmic balance.
- Nemesis / Peter Badger - p18
A failed criminal shot dead by the police, and brought back by
an evil force to absorb energy and take lives.
- Ochre / Kade Archer - p19
A vigilante turned shamanic superhero after helping a sick old
- Omnis / Michael Mason - p20
A Big Man on Campus turned superhero when he was at just the
right place to receive a blast of occult energy. Now he always
has just the right power or trait.
- Overseer / Jason Cranston - p21
An abandoned child turned into evil psionic lieutenant by a
- Private Eye (Light) / William Drake, Jr - p22
A military policeman turned vigilante with the aid of three
pieces of super-technology.
- Private Eye (Dark) / Joseph Lambs - p23
A super-soldier with enhanced agility and senses, turned into
- Pulse / Geena 5X5 - p24
A nano-warrior from the far future, sent back by robots to
protect the breeding population of the Creator Race.
- Red Rodrii / Rodrii Evans - p25
A Welsh miner and activist turned superhero after exposure
to a strange underground gas.
- The Sight / Harvey Seitz - p26
A teenage robotics prodigy blinded by cybernetic feedback from
a superhuman fight, now devoted to revenge against all
- Silverjolt / Jaqua Krell-Bopp - p27
An alien tourist from Altos IV playing supervillainess for
the fun of it.
- Sun Daughter / Janice White - p28
A refugee of East-Central Africa whose super-strength
activated when she was almost raped at age 12.
- Visor / Oliver O'Reilly - p29
A child born with no senses except sight due to a terrorist
gas attack, who grew up to be a super-gadgeteer hero.
- Will o' the Wisp - p30
A psionic tempter from another dimension, devoted to
mischief and suffering.
John H. Kim <jhkim-at-darkshire-dot-net>
Last modified: Tue Jul 18 15:33:02 2006