|Grew Up On The Streets||Legendary|
|Joined the Marked Brotherhood||Superb→||Weapons|
|"Where'd Those Knives Come From"||Great→||Fists , Intimidation|
|Dark Justice||Good→||Endurance , Might , Mysteries|
|See It Through||Fair→||Alertness , Burglary , Contacting , Stealth|
|Stabbed in the Back||Average→||Athletics , Deceit , Resolve , Resources , Survival|
|Redeemed by Chaos||Mediocre|
|Trying to Reform||Poor||
|Close at Hand (Weapons) No supplemental action penalty when drawing a weapon|
|Catch (Weapons) May use spin to catch thrown weapons|
|Unapproachable (Intimidation) May use Intimidation instead of Resolve to defend against Rapport, Deceit, and Empathy|
|Scary (Intimidation) May use Intimidation instead of Resolve to defend against Intimidation|
|Psychic (Mysteries) Use Mysteries to investigate occult climate of a place, or against supernatural surprises|
You're playing Arawn, a local tough, formerly of the infamous Marked Brotherhood. The brotherhood all wear black and green, and receive brands on their foreheads as the "Mark of Caine". They wear hats or turbans normally, and do the bidding of their secret master within Little Amber, and everyone knows to stay clear or get a knife in the back.
However, two months ago you were grievously wounded and fell during a retreat through the storm sewers. There a strange creature, part angel and part demon, appeared and told you that it's name was Borquist, and that it was here to watch over the place. It had been watching you and thought you had value. Then it cut its hand and flaming blood flowed out. But when it put this to your wounds, you were healed. Unfortunately, your brand also disappeared. When you next met the Brotherhood, you were nearly killed again and only barely escaped.
Since then, you have been trying to reform and make up for your crimes against the community.
What you know about the others:
- Jack is a local drover and tradesman, clueless but honest.
- Miranda is herald for the Kashfan court who reports on Little Amber. You suspect she reports back to someone in Castle Amber itself.
- Roland is a gentleman and local guide who knows all about the neighborhood. He is also the infamous local cat burglar known as "Raffles", you know from your underworld contacts.
- Floyd is the well-connected owner of a trendy Amber-style restaurant, formerly a cook for the Amber court. He is a leader among the locals, and one of the few who is willing to trust you.
- Justinian was a ranger of Arden, loyal to Julian. He's probably here doing his master's bidding.