GURPS "Dollar for the Dead"
We'll make this simple 'n quick, just like ya'll r gunna hav'
to be if yer figger'n to live fer long in this here game we're a
gonna be playin'. This here's a GURPS Old West game based on
the recent Emilio Estevez flick "Dollar for the Dead".
It starts at a po-dunk town in Lincoln County, New Mexico territory
in 1878. The soon-to-be posse runs into trouble with a gang known as
the Regulators care of Miss Minnie Parker. Right now, there's not
much law around Lincoln County, and the Regulators are tougher than
the people they's fightin.
A feller named Dooley sees that a couple folks seem tough enough to
be in a job, while soft enough that they won't kill him in the end.
So he makes 'em partners in a chase after half a million in
Confederate gold. The folks are:
- Minnie Parker (Jessica)
- An ornery rancher's daughter: she says her father was killed by a
bigger rival after his land. In return, she shot the rival's son
(who had thought to marry her) in the fight. Now she dresses
like a man and fights better.
- Raul (Kim)
- A kindly Mexican who helped Miss Minnie out after she was shot
by the Regulators.
- "Kentucky" (Peter)
- A shotgun-toting Kentuckian who prefers on being the only man
that holds the guns.
- Eagle-Eye Dave (Mike)
- A crack rifle shot and former wild-west-show performer, whose
company folded when the bosses' wife ran off with the money.
- Beauregard (Liz)
- A Confederate veteran, formerly of the same wild-west show.
- Nat Love (John)
- A simple but well-dressed cowboy, of the colored persuasion.
Fancy with his ridin', his roping, and his shooting.
cf. also GURPS Old West House Rules
John H. Kim <jhkim-at-darkshire-dot-net>
Last modified: Mon Feb 16 21:55:27 2004