Silicon Valley Slayage NPCs
The Supporting Cast, in order of appearance, are:
Elaine "Laney" Leibowitz
- Originally a Vampster user ("palemaiden23") who was rescued by
Dot when she went on a date with a vampire in Colma. (1.11
Money Troubles) She was actually known to Chip previously
and was hired to head up marketing. In Season Two, she was
revealed to have a secret identity as the diva blogger
- Joshua Silverton
- The ghost of a necromancer who had lived in Silicon Valley for
many decades -- his last position being CEO of a database
startup company, MythSoft. He died in '99, leaving the company
to his wife. The company was already in decline, and soon the
only programmers left were zombies which he had animated. He
stays on as a ghost haunting the Nexus, whom only Roberta (and
now Doug) can see.
- Barbara Jagar
- A real estate agent from Season Two who found the offices for
Vampster in downtown Mountain View (aka The Nexus). Miss Jagar
is an elderly woman who apparently immigrated from Eastern
Europe a long time ago. She has extensive supernatural
contacts and knows at least some of what Vampster is about, and
is quite wealthy. (NOTE: she is pretty clearly the
Baba Yaga from Hungarian folklore.)
- Dr. Hans Stevin
- A Belgian emigre, crusading physician, and volunteer for
Medecins Sans Frontieres (Doctors Without Borders).
He is also a former member of the Watchers Council now trying
to re-form the organization. He was regularly in East Africa
since 2001 with Carlos, acting both as a volunteer and as a
Watcher. He is in his mid-to-late 50s, about 5'8" -- a
grizzled barrel-type guy (like Howard Dean), though still
- Togth is a Fyarl demon who works for the unnamed godking of a
chaotic hell dimension, guarding their chaos reserves. He is
fairly bright for one of his kind, and likes to play the
- Diane McKenzie
- The CFO of Vampster, brought in after VC's had demands based on
Vampster's financial state. (1.11 Money Troubles)
- Esmerelda Pereira
- Sister to Roberta, mother of two children, Nita and Jamie --
who were possessed by a video-game-related spell in
episode 2.04 "Game Boys".
- Maria Martinez
- Mother to Roberta, who lives in East San Jose.
- Raul and Tomas Martinez
- Roberta also has two brothers ("Norteno brothers") who are
wannabe gangsters who have just barely avoided jail time.
They never left east San Jose, and feel that Roberta thinks
she is too good for them.
- Ms. Lauren Hargrove
- The mother of Andrea/Ifurita, she is a Palo Alto doctor who
had been active with some cancer charities in the previous
season. She and Andrea's father, Robert, are divorced.
This year, she has shown an interest in Doctors Without
Borders as a charity. She met Robert while doing a year
abroad in HK during college. They were split over their
son Henry's naval career -- she supported his choice;
Robert did not.
- Robert X. Cheung
- A professor at Stanford, father of Andrea/Ifurita. He was
a Commonwealth citizen who met Lauren when a med student
in HK. They moved from HK to the U.S. when Andrea was
young, and also spent some time in Vancouver.
- Lt. Henry Stewart Cheung
- A naval officer, son of Robert and Lauren, brother of
Andrea/Ifurita. He is 25, three years older than Andrea.
Andrea died in early 2003. He was not able to see her during
her final two months.
- Leonard DiCastro
- Leonard was the senior system administrator at i-bullshit.com,
and also the Watcher who was secretly assigned to keep an eye
on Dot. The outbreak of vampiric activity in their area caused
him to call upon Dot. He left town before Vampster was
incorporated, though, going with Guapo to South America.
- Special Agent Anton Levier
- An FBI agent who originally tried to crack down on Vampster for
their involvement with Drake Altus. He was also involved with
Roberta for a while, but they broke up and have been on rocky
terms for a while.
- Dr. David Ben-David
- A noted nanotechnologist living in Palo Alto. Max tracked
him to his home by planting a tracker on his SUV.
- Ken Smith
- A junior programmer who was hired to fill out Vampster's
profile. He is a native of Sunnydale who moved up here
several years ago.
- Seraphim Langston
- A technopagan in San Francisco known to Max. He has been in
SF since the 60's, but is originally from the West Indies.
- A variant of the real-life
Starhawk, who in this world is still an author on Wicca
as well as a researcher at the Center for Advanced Studies
- A slayer from Japan who helped Dot and company track down a
vampire who was using a human with a magic love amulet to
bring him victims. (1.09 His and Her Slayage)
- Miazawa Yukino
- A rising star with her own television talk show, she is a
Japanese immigrant who was a friend of Tsubasa. Vampster
experience a sudden burst of popularity after appearing on
- Samuel Devins
- A slimy tech industry person whom Roberta had gone out with
in college. He was the Big Bad of sorts during Season Two.
<<BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER ©2002 Twentieth Century Fox
Film Corporation. All Rights Reserved. The Buffy the Vampire Slayer
trademark is used without express permission from Fox.>>
John H. Kim <jhkim-at-darkshire-dot-net>
Last modified: Fri Mar 3 14:19:13 2006