Mac OS X
The process of programming is something which I have learned from
experience first, and only much later introduced to the theories
of it. Paralleling this, below I include my experience and opinions
first -- followed by links to process explanations.
Development Process Models
Extreme Programming FAQ
- This is a nicely-written, concise introduction to the concept
of Extreme Programming. While saddled with a silly name,
I am coming to agree more and more with the basic tenets.
- This is a lightweight process that is philosophically rather
close to XP. Scrum focuses more effort on removing
impediments. It includes with daily stand-up meetings where
programmers list any outside issues that are impeding progress,
and a Scrum Master who is tasked with removing those
Rational Unified Process
- This is a commercial package which attempts to unify
development software with a process method.
Capability Maturity Model for Software
- This is considered a conservative model, which focusses on
making "mature" production systems which have stability
Wikipedia: Object-Oriented Programming
- This is a free, user-developed encyclopedia which has good
coverage of many computer-science topics.
The New Methodology by Martin Fowler
- An essay concerning various new methodologies.
Software Testing Index Sites
Software Testing Articles
John H. Kim <email@example.com>
Last modified: Thu Jul 3 16:00:30 2003